Staying ahead of the game is probably the most important thing you can do in regards to caring for your printer. This is exactly why we are here, to help you to understand what you need to know about taking care of your printer and what to do when something goes wrong.
Preventative Maintenance Programs and Products
In addition to down time services, warranty and repairs, we suggest that you consider the preventative maintenance procedures and programs that we offer. Quite often, just keeping the printers clean and performing certain preventative maintenance cleanings will keep your printer in tip-top condition and performing well. (Happy Printer!)
Tip #1: Online Documents (Visit this section here)
We offer several service related suggestions, tips & tricks, and cleaning solutions on our service department section, including these:
SIDENOTE: Are you curious how Epson Printers have evolved? Check out our handy Epson History Chart of Printers.
Tip #2: Schedule a Check-up With a Technician
Check the Paper Transport Area: One of the best discoveries that we have learned about is when a printer gets to be about 3 years old, it really needs to have the paper transport area looked at carefully by a technician , cleaned, lubed and inspected for wear and any needed parts replacement. We have some suggestions posted on our site for this.
Use The Cost Effective Pink Cleaning Solution: In addition, we offer a user installed “Pink Cleaning” solution that can effectively clean out the ink lines, dampers and heads from accumulated pigments and inks. By doing this, your printers missing nozzles are cleaned out and the system is good for another 6-9 months. We suggest leaving the solution in your printer for 72 hours or more to get the full benefit of this cleaning process. Our cleaning kits cost about $395 for a set of the 8 cartridges that have 220 ml each. Thus , you can get about 4 cleaning or more out of a set and your cleaning cost is about $ 90 per cleaning! (Oh My!) What a great way to assure that your printer stays operating in good condition. Sometimes, we encounter printers that have been neglected and not used for periods of time that need this cleaning done to recover the proper operation of the printer. You can burn through a lot of ink trying head cleaning from the front panel and waste a lot of ink & time doing this. Contact us for more information, visit our service corner, view our blog to get more insight and details on this great method of cleaning. (Hint: We also have a write-up on Pink Cleaning Solution in our Classrooms area)
Keep your printer area humidity between 35-45% if you can. Altitude and dry areas are prone to ink starvation and nozzle clogging. Contact one of our reps to discuss this important issue and find some solutions that are simple and easy to perform!
Tip #3: Resources For Down Time and After Warranty Repair Services
What To Do When the Going… Stops
When your printer goes down and you are past any manufacturer warranty, you basically have several options:
- Struggle with repairs on your own. (Finding parts, knowing what to do and the time involved is complicated.)
- Call the OEM equipment service, dispatch and repair on site. (Generally, the most costly option, but very good response & results.)
- Call in an unknown service organization to perform the repairs (Effective, but they may not know your specific needs and operation.)
- Take your printer to a Factory Authorized Service Center. (This requires that YOU bring in the printer, which is not a great option when you have a big printer.)
Or… The Best Option: contact Digital2You so that we can dispatch a qualified technician that is familiar with your equipment, can perform the service on site, and will interface with your total printing needs to see that everything is coordinated to work best for your needs, thus getting your printing and quality up to speed as expected! (Yay! Winner!) Call us at (303) 934-2777 for assistance.
By the way, did you know that we not only service Epson printers, but we also service Canon, HP, Xerox, Laserjet printers and copiers? We have 8 service technicians alone in Colorado, available between Colorado Springs and Fort Collins, and More in New Mexico and Arizona! This means, we have a lot of qualified experience at our fingertips and that if you have an issue with a printer you think we may not know, guess again! We will let you know if we cannot service your printer, hence it is always best to ask before wrestling with the problem on your own. The best number to call is: (303) 934-2777.
More reasons why we are the best option
Digital2you is here for the long haul, the life of your printer. It is most important that you contact us immediately for service dispatch, as we have your history on file. In this way, we can:
- usually assist or select a tech that can help on the phone first and if we need to dispatch a service technician, we will establish a service log and keep your printer history, repairs and service performed on file to better track repairs.
- dispatch promptly, based on your needs. Our technicians carry the necessary parts, thus eliminating extra, costly trips and fees.We offer same day, next day and casual rates that can meet your needs and situation. Our technicians work are backed with a 30 day support warranty and the most affordable option.
- help with moving, transport and shipping, as well as trade in options are all services that we offer on wide format printers. When you are buying your inks, media and related supplies from us, we keep you posted on the best suggestions and services to keep your printers running in top condition. We also know the history of your printer via our service department and can get you top dollar on your trade it to move up in technology! Remember to buy your equipment, media & supplies and get your services from a source that knows and cares about your specific needs.
Last, but not least…We offer Equipment Recycling Services for unwanted and used equipment that will keep them out of the landfills and re-purpose the components, metal and plastics in a sound environmental method, thus keeping each of us as good stewards of the planet. We also suggest that you recycle or refurbish as much of the inks and consumables that you can.